Why should we register?
According to the regulations in force in Cameroon, more specifically Decree 2015/3759 setting the terms of identification of subscribers and terminal equipment of electronic communication networks, all mobile subscribers in the national territory must provide a valid ID benefit from the services of mobile operators. You can find the entire decree below.
If my line is suspended, why am I suspended?
Your line may be suspended for one of the following reasons:
- Documents provided to MTN for your identification have expired.
- You have more than 3 numbers registered with the same identity card
- Your information has been incorrectly entered by the operator
How to get identified?
The operation is done FREE in an MTN point (agency, kiosk, shop partner) with one of these documents valid:
- For Cameroonians:
- National Identity Card
- Valid receipt
- For foreigners.
- Valid Passport
- Valid residence card
- Refugee card for refugees.
NB: - Make sure that the operator has informed your information before signing.
- The photocopy of the Id card is not an accepted document for identifications.
How to check the status of my identification?
To check your identification status, send "status" to 8758 by SMS. It's free.
How to check the list of identified numbers with my CNI?
To do this, send your ID Card number by SMS to 8758. It's free