WHAT IS MTN SAVE MY CONTACTS?
MTN Save My Contacts allows MTN customers to save phonebook contacts in the cloud with an Android app (name and telephone number of the contact).
Contacts synchronized with the app can then be easily recovered or transferred in case of phone loss or phone change.
With MTN Save My Contacts, customers can also save their SIM contacts via their SIM menu.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
First of all, users will need:
- A SIM card enabled for the service
- To download the MTN Save my contacts Android app on the Play Store.
- Mobile data or wi-fi enabled
How to subscribe?
To subscribe to MTN Save My Contacts service: users can register via SMS or via the SIM menu
- Via SMS ; customer sends OK to 8757 and confirms the subscription twice
- Via SIM menu: customer follows these steps: Open Y’ELLO MTN -> Services Avancés -> MTN Save My Contacts -> Synchroniser and confirms the subscription twice
After subscription to the service, to save their contacts the customer has two options:
- Via the app: Customer launches the MTN Save my contacts mobile application and taps the BACKUP button to trigger the synchronization.
- Via the SIM Menu: In cases where the subscriber has not downloaded the app, he/she can also save SIM contacts only via the SIM menu (Open Y’ELLO MTN -> Services Avancés -> MTN Save My Contacts -> Synchroniser)
However, in case a user has installed the Android application and mobile data enabled, all synchronizations launched from the SIM card will automatically trigger handset synchronizations and vice versa.
Users’ data will be synchronized on a monthly (every 30 days) basis starting from the day of the first synchronization.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The service costs 150 XAF/month with the first 30 days free. In case customer does not have enough airtime at the renewal time, the service will retry renewing his subscription for 30 days while his subscription will be kept active. In this grace period, customer will still have access to the service.
HOW TO OPT OUT FROM THE SERVICE ?
Customers can opt out from the service by sending STOP to 8757.